Say hello to my favorite dish, pork binagoongan! What I love about this is the balance of saltiness and sweetness which I like so much. You can also make a batch of this dish since it doesn’t spoil fast. But for those who have seafood allergies, prepare your antihistamines or refrain from eating this. 😀
This dish is easy to make for the on-the-go mom. Be sure you still have your sauteed alamang, if not, get my recipe here.
- 1 whole onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 kg pork meat, sliced
- 5 pcs Bird’s eye chilies, chopped
- Heat pork fat first. When I cook a pork recipe, I always heat the fatty parts first since it builds up oil. That oil is what I use in sauteing.
- Add pork meat. Saute until it turns brown.
- Add onions and garlic. Continue cooking until the onion turns white.
- Add enough water to boil until the pork gets tender.
- Add sauteed alamang until it suits your taste. Simmer.
- Add half of the fresh bird’s eye chilies before turning it off for a spicy dish (optional).
- Add more chilies for garnishing.