Our friendly neighborhood gave me a bag of sweet potatoes. Thanks to her, I can make these sweet potato fries for my son!
Here we go!
- Clean, peel and cut the potatoes in approximately 1/4 inches or bigger if you want. I cut mine like this ↓↓ ↓
- Rinse the sliced sweet potatoes to remove excess starch. Do it twice.
- Boil the sliced sweet potatoes with enough water until it’s fork tender. Make sure to check for doneness and don’t let it get mushy.
- Prepare your batter by mixing 4 tbsp breading mix, 2 tbsp flour, 1 egg. Add water but make sure you still have a thick batter to coat all the potatoes.
- Fry the sweet potatoes until golden brown.
- Serve with dips.